Residential Childcare Worker - Macclesfield
Full Time Salary: £18,252 – £20,280
Cheshire Health & Social Care
Exciting opportunity to work for a continuously growing company who is looking for confident and experienced Children’s Support Workers to join their team at their children’s home in Macclesfield. The successful applicant will need to contribute to the development of the company’s residential service in a manner that maximises the life chances of the children that are looked after.
What is the role?
This role is to work as a Residential Children’s Support Worker and the duties are the following:
- You will need to ensure the Company’s commitment to the safeguarding of children and young people is upheld and any areas of concern are reported immediately to the appropriate person.
- To participate with other team members in planning and maintaining a living environment which is conducive to the well-being of service users living in the establishment.
- Working with the staff team to implement company policies and to ensure the highest quality of care is delivered to the children within the company’s care.
- Attending and preparing for children’s conferences, reviews, planning, core group and other meetings in connection with children placed with the company.
- Maintaining children’s records accurately and within agreed timescales
- To deliver personal care when guided to by the young person’s care plan.
- To undertake moving and handling, specifically in relation to young people who have physical disability, and the use of specific equipment may be used such as hoists.
- To participate in training programmes and individual training courses.
- To participate and contribute to the collation and preparation of Assessment and Action Records.
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working with children in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Experience of working in a children’s residential setting.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Excellent communication and Negotiating skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, write clear and accurate reports, understand and work in partnership in the best interests of children.
- Ability to make and develop professional relationships with children, their families, and a range of professional colleagues.
- Knowledge and ability to undertake keyworker role.
- Ability to work as part of a team, Commitment to personal and staff development.
- Willingness to work in a flexible way.
- Evidence that shows you have a right to work in the United Kingdom.
- NVQ 3 in Level 3 NVQ Health and Social Care (Children and Young People), Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
- Sport or activity leadership
- Qualification in outdoor pursuits/activities
- Experience of Family Placement Services
- Children Act 1989 and associated Regulations and Guidance.
- Knowledge of the key stages of child development
- Working with and understanding children who exhibit challenging behaviours and/or learning disabilities.
About the role:
- Full time (39 hours a week)
- Salary range (18,252 – 20,280) Sleeps are paid at £40 per night.
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days. Increases with time served.
- Rota Example - Sleep ins, 1 day in and 2 days off (8am – 11pm, sleep, then 7am start until after the school run.) Non sleep in. long days 8am – 11pm & split days. 2pm -11pm. This is on a rota pattern.
- Contributed medical expenses E.g. Dentist and Opticians,
- Various Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme