Supervising Social Worker - Greater Manchester
Full Time Salary: £29,000 - £33,444
Greater Manchester Health & Social Care
Vacancy Name: Supervising Social Worker
Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
Salary: £29,000 - £33,444 DOE plus car allowance
Hours: 37 Hours per week
About the role
- You will be based in the Greater Manchester region rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
- The service essentially covers the Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, and surrounding areas in line with the company’s growth and development strategy.
- Working for this company has many benefits arising from its commitment as a Social Enterprise to invest heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team.
- A significant benefit for the person appointed to this post is that they will have a manageable case load and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children.
- The Company works from a Trauma informed Secure Base and PACE models with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
- You will be joining developing service with an impressive carer recruitment pipeline.
You will be responsible for:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention.
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments.
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and join carer recruitment activities.
- Complete Form F Assessments
- Be part of the Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements.
- Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
You will receive:
- Formal induction and training in the paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Access to the ASYE Programme for newly qualified social workers
- Professional social work supervision provided by a manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician.
- Opportunities to integrate with the clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Market related salary plus on call allowance
- Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
- Perkbox discount scheme membership
- Simply Health Membership
You will have:
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all the children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- Have a valid driving license