Full Time Salary: £19,266 - £21,097
Greater Manchester Health & Social Care
The support workers are central to ensuring that they achieve their goal of providing quality care and support to their Service Users. Each of their Support workers will work as part of a dedicated team to provide a high quality and reliable support service.
Their Support Workers provide friendliness and encouragement towards their Service Users supporting independence and providing the environment for Service Users to achieve their desired outcomes. The care they pride themselves on delivering a high quality service ensuring that respect and dignity is at the forefront of all that they do.
- To provide support to service users, which may include the following; key working a small case load of service users, support with medication, monitoring mental health, monitoring physical health, setting up and maintaining a tenancy, promoting independence, developing daily living skills, achieving goals as set within the support plan, accessing education, courses and voluntary work, liaising with MDT’s, monthly reviews, weekly 1:1’s, supporting service users to make move on plans, supporting with the move on process.
- To work closely with Team Leaders and Scheme Managers in preparing and implementing individual and group support and progression programs.
- To work with other Support Workers and Team Leaders to promote a safe working and living environment. For some schemes this will involve resolving difficult situations which may arise from challenging behaviour and knowing the techniques and correct language to use to resolve such situations (necessary training and coaching will be provided).
- To ensure that Service Users' medication is held/stored and administered in accordance with the Medication Policy. (The relevant training will be provided to those Support workers who are expected to administer medication.)
- To be familiar with all administration requirements of the scheme, ensuring relevant and important information is recorded and logged as per the schemes reporting guidelines. (Particular focus on critical incident reporting.)
- To be fully aware of all policies and procedures in place within the scheme (including Health & Safety), ensuring attendance and participation at all related training.
Requirements of the Role
- You will be required to participate in the company appraisal and staff review process
- To adhere to and model the company values, behaviours and competencies at all times
- To carry out all duties of the post in accordance with the expectations, regulations and policies
- To carry out additional duties of the role and all other required duties as and when necessary
- To work the necessary hours to fit the needs of the scheme (this may include working early shifts, late shifts, evenings, weekends, nights and sleep-in night duties)
Decision Making Authority
- Ability to make low-medium level decisions within clearly defined parameters as defined by Manager
Recommendation Types and Levels
- Can put forward suggestions and recommendations to Managers regarding areas of improvements within scheme and also suggestions for variations within service users care plans.
In addition to competitive rates of pay, they provide:
- A great work environment
- Compassionate culture
- Comprehensive training and 24/7 team support
- Continuous professional development/training including the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications related to your role e.g. QCF3/5
- Career progression opportunities
- Opportunities for additional hours
- Care for your physical and mental health
- Paid annual leave which increases with length of service
- Occupational sick pay
- Employer funded Healthcare scheme which includes savings on high street retail outlets and gym membership
- PPE provided
- Confidential counselling service
- Save on the purchase of any bicycle on the Organisation Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye test vouchers
- Access to information portals & assistance through 3rd party vendors on areas related to your Mental, Physical and Financial Wellbeing.
- Additional Financial Benefits
- Coming soon: Early access to earned wages through the employer salary advanced software
- Refer-a-friend bonuses
- Death in service benefit
- Long service awards
For more information or to discuss this role, contact Emily Leonard
firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 0161 447 9181